Username Password: Remember me

Amarillo noob
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Amarillo noob

Amarillo noob 6 years, 9 months ago #21751

• Dchase
  • Drivers Ed
Hey guys I'm Dustin, I'm in oil and gas up in the panhandle and love cars and racing of all types. I'm 38 and I've been drag racing for most of my life in NHRA classes. I've been out a while raising a kiddo and starting business and trying to stay alive in the oil and gas market as it is right now. I'm headed to welding school in the fall to start a new career path. I love to build cars. I'm close to finishing up a 63 Karmann ghia for my wife and I to cruise around in. I've been looking to get into road racing and searching for a path that is affordable and fun for the whole family. I think I've landed on 944 spec that I can race at cota and hallet. Initial car purchase looks to be cheap and I can build on it as I get through school and hopefully use it as a project in class to build the cage. It will take me a bit to get it together and I'll try it out at some track days before mixing it up with y'all.

What should my steps from here be? Purchase a car? Become a member of NASA? I'm going to try to get to a race this year with the wife and kid so we can get a feel for the environment and gauge their level of excitement too. I definitely won't be ready for this year but possibly next year if all goes well.

Thanks for any input.
Dustin.

Re: Amarillo noob 6 years, 9 months ago #21761

Nasa is a great group of guys I got started there and still try to race with them but in Texas the Pca group has a bigger race group and just as fun. Feel free to contact me at This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it
Phil
944 spec

Re: Amarillo noob 6 years, 8 months ago #21804

• Timwold
Sorry for the delay in a response, I have been in SoCal for the Summer and not paying attention.

I recommend you buy a logged book car to start - saves time and money

If you buy a 944- join NASA and PCA as it will maximize your time on track towards a license.

The texas area group is a really good group of people.

My email is todd(dot)imwold(at)gmail.com
Todd Imwold
1983 Spec Car #143
  • Page:
Moderators: Timwold
Banner
Time to create page: 0.08 seconds