Social Media

Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Who is racing in Texas this year?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Who is racing in Texas this year?

Who is racing in Texas this year? 11 years, 1 month ago #15358

• Timwold
2013 looks like it can be a fun and interesting year in a 944.
There are a few builds under way and some people have gone back to the ways of cave men, so who will be racing this year in a 944- PCA or NASA?

1. Todd Imwold
2. Steve Coomes
3. Chris Blazer (Kansas City but he is down here enough)
4. Bill Georgas
5. Jason Stanley (till June)

Please respond and lets see the number of drivers we have in the state.
Todd Imwold
1983 Spec Car #143
Last Edit: 11 years, 1 month ago by Timwold. Reason: updated list

Re: Who is racing in Texas this year? 11 years, 1 month ago #15359

• bg993
  • Comp School
I hope to be done with my car soon. Just need it back from the fabricator.......

Hoping to do some testing in April, and get into the PCA event at COTA in May.....

Bill

Bill Georgas
'83 Soon to be SP1
Angry Monkey ChumpCar (it's an '86 or '87 944)
Bill
SP1 - Done!
951 - Long Gone
993 - Why did I sell this?

Re: Who is racing in Texas this year? 11 years, 1 month ago #15361

• AgRacer
  • Administrator
I raced at MSR-H in January with NASA. It was just me and Phil H. Weather was beutiful. New tires are awesome. We ran RA-1s the first day and RRs the second day.

I am trying to get off work next week end to go racing at Cresson, but its not looking good. I am also scheduled to be out of town for the April race at TWS but if I can get back early, Ill be at the track.

May is a different story, however. I plan on taking leave for both the NASA race at NOLA the first week end and the PCA race at COTA the second week end. I just sent off all my paperwork for my PCA license so hopefully that will be good to go by May. If you havent been to COTA yet, make every effort you can to go ASAP. It is an absolutely stunning facility, and every driver thats driven on it so far has put it up with the top race tracks in the world.

After May, where I race may change based on where Im stationed. There is a possibility that I may be moving anywhere from June onward so I cant say what races Ill be at.

Phil H. and I have talked about going to Nationals this year, and/or another NASA region race. Dave B. has offored free admission to any RMR race so I may look at hauling up to Pueblo in July.
J. Stanley
NASA-SE Region 944 Spec Series Director
Yellow #60

Re: Who is racing in Texas this year? 11 years, 1 month ago #15364

• Timwold
Pueblo is a fun track- the facilities are not much to talk about but the track is a lot of fun. I have not run it since the change in turn 10 (on the the front straight/grag strip).
Todd Imwold
1983 Spec Car #143

Re: Who is racing in Texas this year? 11 years, 1 month ago #15365

• B1BFlyer
  • Senior Racer
I should be good to go for Cresson, but we'll see since Jeff and BJ are still working to resolve the oil leak on my engine.

I'm planning on racing through June as well, then I may or may not deploy for 6 months. Nationals would be great if I can swing it.

There were also 2 more 924s at Clownshoe that had cages installed by Jeff for a husband and wife. Not sure if NASA or PCA though.

Cheers,
Ryan
Ryan Peterson
Abilene, TX
924s, #21

Oversteer scares passengers, understeer scares drivers.

Re: Who is racing in Texas this year? 11 years, 1 month ago #15393

• AgRacer
  • Administrator
Looks like Ill be moving to Alabama for sure in June until October. After that, who knows...
J. Stanley
NASA-SE Region 944 Spec Series Director
Yellow #60
  • Page:
Moderators: Timwold
Banner
Time to create page: 0.09 seconds