Social Media

Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

2016 Southeast 944Spec Schedule and Points Rules
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
944Spec Southeast Region Newsletter Sign Up!

madmimi.com/signups/334153/join

NASA Southeast Website

nasa-se.com/

Region Sponsored by Appalachian Race Tire.

www.racetire.com/
  • Page:

TOPIC: 2016 Southeast 944Spec Schedule and Points Rules

2016 Southeast 944Spec Schedule and Points Rules 8 years, 4 months ago #20292

• AgRacer
  • Administrator
Below is the 2016 944Spec Southeast Region Schedule as agreed upon in a class meeting at the last event of 2015.

Take note the deletion of the NCCAR event from the Southeast region schedule and the addition of the July Barber event from the Mid-South schedule. July at Road Atlanta is tentatively scheduled as a Double Points race pending details of a 944Fest event the same week end.

The Eastern States Championship at Watkins Glen is a mandatory double points race.

When Where Crossover Double Points
Jan 22-24 RRR
Feb 13-14 CMP
Mar 12-13 Road Atlanta
Apr 8-10 RRR
May 14-15 CMP
Jun 4-5 Road Atlanta ***944Fest
Jul 2-3 Rockingham EVENT CANCELLED
Jul 30-31 Barber w/MS
Sep 3-4 NCCAR
Sep 22-25 Watkins Glen Eastern States Championships
Oct 8-9 Road Atlanta
Oct 22-23 NCM w/GL/MW
Nov 5-6 CMP
Dec 3-4 Road Atlanta Toy Run

*** 944Fest details still forthcoming so the June event is tentatively double points.

Points scoring rules are as follows:

• 5 Drops on the season for every racer.
  • Minimum 5 Registered entrants to make the event a points scoring event (excludes the Eastern States Championships). I will declare the event a points event in the pre-event email approximately 5 days before the event.
  • Events that are NOT declared a points scoring event will NOT be counted towards the drops for the season for any racer (excludes the Eastern States Championships).

The goal for the points scoring rules were to maximize the competitiveness of the regional championship. Our region has grown to the size that we will likely have 5 entrants at every event, but while still allowing 5 drops gives all racers the ability to miss/DNF/DQ at 2.5 events and still be challenging for the regional championship.

nasa-se.com/2016events.php
J. Stanley
NASA-SE Region 944 Spec Series Director
Yellow #60
Last Edit: 7 years, 6 months ago by AgRacer.

Re: 2016 Southeast 944Spec Schedule and Points Rules 8 years ago #20637

• AgRacer
  • Administrator
So Rockingham Speedway is undergoing some ownership turmoil which may effect the July 4th event. Stay tuned for details on if that event will be changed or cancelled. Hopefully we will know something soon.
J. Stanley
Yellow #60

Re: 2016 Southeast 944Spec Schedule and Points Rules 7 years, 12 months ago #20701

• AgRacer
  • Administrator
The rock has been cancelled.
J. Stanley
Yellow #60

Re: 2016 Southeast 944Spec Schedule and Points Rules 7 years, 12 months ago #20703

• Stetson
  • Comp School
Is there going to be a replacement event? Do I just need to set up a race only group at AMP on July 2nd and fire up race control for a 944 sprint?

Stetson
Stetson

Re: 2016 Southeast 944Spec Schedule and Points Rules 7 years, 12 months ago #20704

Stetson wrote:
Is there going to be a replacement event? Do I just need to set up a race only group at AMP on July 2nd and fire up race control for a 944 sprint?

Stetson

I don't see any other option...
NASA Southeast
944-Spec
  • Page:
Moderators: AgRacer
Banner
Time to create page: 0.13 seconds