Social Media

Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

2016 Southeast Schedule Released
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
944Spec Southeast Region Newsletter Sign Up!

madmimi.com/signups/334153/join

NASA Southeast Website

nasa-se.com/

Region Sponsored by Appalachian Race Tire.

www.racetire.com/
  • Page:

TOPIC: 2016 Southeast Schedule Released

2016 Southeast Schedule Released 8 years, 5 months ago #20110

• AgRacer
  • Administrator
The 2016 Southeast region schedule has been released! If you attend the Toy Run you will get the opportunity to get one of the below in a traditional magnet.

Please review and start thinking about which races you plan on attending. I want to explore the idea of including a Mid-South race into our schedule and vice versa if possible just for the 944 guys. Something like making the Small Bore Shootout a part of our championship. Let me know what you think!
J. Stanley
NASA-SE Region 944 Spec Series Director
Yellow #60

Re: 2016 Southeast Schedule Released 8 years, 5 months ago #20111

• AEvans
  • Junior Racer
ugh.
NASA Southeast
944-Spec

Re: 2016 Southeast Schedule Released 8 years, 5 months ago #20160

Now there are 4 races during tax season!? Will try to make the RA race in March, if not my first race will be in May at CMP.

Will there be racing at NCCAR? The last time we were there it was TT and DE only.

I'm planning on attending all the Midsouth races and definitely want the Small Bore Shoot Out as an SE points event, especially if we could get some of the Great Lakes/Midwest/Texas guys out for it.

I wish we could get some momentum going for combined Southeast/Midsouth/Midwest/Great Lakes "Crossover" races.

Think there will be a lot of SE guys at Midsouth events in 2016, I know everyone that has come out to one of their events has had a blast, not to mention a minimum of 3 races a weekend, usually close to double the track time for much less $ than in the Southeast.

Any idea if Jim is continuing the "Tornado" class in 2016, Jason? I don't know of anyone who likes the resulting combined practice and shortened races.
NASA Southeast
944-Spec
Last Edit: 8 years, 5 months ago by Brian Evans.

Re: 2016 Southeast Schedule Released 8 years, 5 months ago #20161

• AgRacer
  • Administrator
Brian Evans wrote:
Now there are 4 races during tax season!? Will try to make the RA race in March, if not my first race will be in May at CMP.

Will there be racing at NCCAR? The last time we were there it was TT and DE only.

I'm planning on attending all the Midsouth races and definitely want the Small Bore Shoot Out as an SE points event, especially if we could get some of the Great Lakes/Midwest/Texas guys out for it.

I wish we could get some momentum going for combined Southeast/Midsouth/Midwest/Great Lakes "Crossover" races.

Think there will be a lot of SE guys at Midsouth events in 2016, I know everyone that has come out to one of their events has had a blast, not to mention a minimum of 3 races a weekend, usually close to double the track time for much less $ than in the Southeast.

Any idea if Jim is continuing the "Tornado" class in 2016, Jason? I don't know of anyone who likes the resulting combined practice and shortened races.

I think the intent is to race at NCCAR. I dont see that race being a big draw for us so Im planning on swapping that date for another out of region race. Either NCM or Memphis (Small Bore) but its not sounding like the Small Bore is likely to happen this year. The MS schedule should be released on Monday. NCCAR is over Labor Day, and MW/GL is at Mid-Ohio the previous week end if there is enough interest from the group to go that far. Follow that up by Watkins Glen being 3 weeks later and that might be a bit much travelling for those that want to do both.

NASA MW/GL is doing NCM on 19-20 March and 22-23 October, 2016. All their other tracks are significantly further away (Gingerman, Autobahn, Road America, Mid-Ohio).

No idea on the Tornado business. Will ask Jim at the Toy Run.
J. Stanley
Yellow #60

Re: 2016 Southeast Schedule Released 8 years, 5 months ago #20162

Had a chance to look at any PCA events? It would be great to get some more NASA-PCA crossover. I know Crooks and Torg run PCA frequently and Brent has started running with NASA lately but we ought to be able to get pretty good fields at each other's events.

I've also heard the 944-Cup is consolidating or was purchased by PCA, not sure what effect that will have.
NASA Southeast
944-Spec

Re: 2016 Southeast Schedule Released 8 years, 5 months ago #20163

• AgRacer
  • Administrator
The PCA races that are remotely on our side of the country are:

Sebring 4-7 January
Road Atlanta 1-3 April
VIR 24-26 June
Daytona 21-23 October

More dates I think are coming but all other tracks are significantly further away. Doesnt look like they had RRR, CMP, or any of our other traditional tracks one their schedule last year.

PCA did absorb 944Cup which split the 944Cup championship into 3 classes, SP1 through SP3. This is good for the SP1 cars as they no longer have to race against SP2 cars for the Cup championship. SP3 cars I think were in the SuperCup championship before. From what I was told by our mole in PCA was that PCA SP1 rules would continue to mirror NASA 944Spec rules and he will continue to fight for that should they propose to change that at all.
J. Stanley
Yellow #60
  • Page:
Moderators: AgRacer
Banner
Time to create page: 0.10 seconds