Social Media

Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Santa's Toy Run 2015 - Road Atlanta - Dec 5-6
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
944Spec Southeast Region Newsletter Sign Up!

madmimi.com/signups/334153/join

NASA Southeast Website

nasa-se.com/

Region Sponsored by Appalachian Race Tire.

www.racetire.com/

TOPIC: Santa's Toy Run 2015 - Road Atlanta - Dec 5-6

Santa's Toy Run 2015 - Road Atlanta - Dec 5-6 8 years, 6 months ago #19983

• AgRacer
  • Administrator
Weather looks perfect (Sunny, Highs reaching 60 degrees) considering previous Toy Runs (Rain and cold) so this should be an amazing event!

I only see myself and Coffey as having purchased banquet tickets for Saturday evening. I know we usually like to go someplace saturday evening but lets stick around the track and enjoy the festivities this time. There is a good year end awards and other pizes given away at this event (including free entries for 2016) so it pays to stick around.

We will be securing parking in the main pro paddock (inside track) as close to the central showers/latrine trailers as possible. If you get there Thursday evening to setup for Just Track It or Friday please move in as close to that part of the pits as possible and make room for 2 RVs (Padilla, Coffey), 3 enclosed trailers (Torgersen, Evans, Stanley), and 11 stalls for cars (we have a TT 944 joining us). The courtyard method is preferred.

We have 10 confirmed entrants, pending Torgersen thrashing to get a drive train swapped into another car since it was determined that his VIR mis-hap turned into a total loss. Were hoping you make it John!

Evans is getting together the Friday night event and needs 8 confirmed attendees for reserved karting at Andretti's Indoor Karting. So far I believe he has 5. $80 for 3 exclusive races and we dont have to wait in line.

Just Track It is running Road Atlanta on Friday before the event but it is full. In case you havent heard, the organizer (Stetson) for Just Track It has joined us with his own 944Spec racecar. Just Track It will also be running a majority of the Friday track days before NASA-SE events on the 2016 schedule!

justtrackit.net/upcoming-event-informati...lanta-december-2015/

The Sunday Toy Run will be an Aussie Pursuit style race just for the 944Spec class. We will invert the field based on Saturday results, and then apply a handicap after the finish to determine prizes awarded. The Handicap will be calculated based on Saturday Qualifying times and number of laps completed for Sunday. Everyone is asked to throw in $20 for a combined pot of money which will goto the winner. There will additionally be thrown in a set of brand new Toyo RRs and Hawk Brake pads to be distributed from first to third place. Stanley is only eligible for the cash money prize so in the event he wins, all other prizes will be distributed 2nd through 4th. Study the link below for pointers around Road Atlanta!

DISQUALIFIER: If you have any car contact during the Toy Run, will not be eligible for any of the prizes.

www.tracktuned.com/feed/2015/11/21/road-...cribed-by-bowie-gray

Given what happened to Torgersen at VIR, lets race smart on Sunday and take all cars home unscathed into the off season so we can improve for 2016, not repair from 2015.

1st: 2 New Toyo RRs and approx $200 cash.
2nd: 1 New Toyo RR and 1 set Hawk Pads Compound of your choice
3rd: 1 New Toyo RR

1. Stanley - 2 tix to Banquet
2. Torgersen
3. Hurley
4. Crookston
5. Evans, B.
6. Honcho, M.
7. Padilla
8. Coffey - 2 tix to Banquet
9. Werner
10. Hurley Mid-South

11. Kelley
12. Barber
13. Stetson
14. Simmons Mid-South
15. Pohlman Mid-south
16. Knoll
17. Magruder
18. Edridge

YTR = Yet to Register

Lastly, I want to nail down 2016 schedule, drops, and supplemental rules for planning and advertisement ahead of time to give everyone time to plan. I have attached a horse blanket outlining all the events on our side of the country including the PCA events since I know we all would like to cross compete with the SP1 crowd. Look at it, the 2016 schedule, and come prepared to discuss what the 2016 Southeast 944Spec schedule should look like. I am not interested in keeping all THIRTEEN events on the schedule because it makes the championship a participation championship rather than a competative championship. Plus I know nobody is interested in racing at NCCAR where there is no curbing and a horrible paddock.
J. Stanley
NASA-SE Region 944 Spec Series Director
Yellow #60
Last Edit: 8 years, 5 months ago by AgRacer. Reason: Final Event Details

Re: Santa's Toy Run 2015 - Road Atlanta - Dec 5-6 8 years, 6 months ago #19990

• wera44
  • Junior Racer
I'll register in the next few days.

Werner said he was in a few days ago.
Last Edit: 8 years, 6 months ago by wera44.

Re: Santa's Toy Run 2015 - Road Atlanta - Dec 5-6 8 years, 6 months ago #19991

• AgRacer
  • Administrator
wera44 wrote:
I'll register in the next few days.

Werner said he was in a few days ago.

Must of had a change of heart because he indicated earlier this summer when I was trying to gauge who was going where for the remainder of the season. With the crowd poised to show up, he wouldnt hear the end of showing up without his car.
J. Stanley
Yellow #60

Re: Santa's Toy Run 2015 - Road Atlanta - Dec 5-6 8 years, 6 months ago #20010

• AgRacer
  • Administrator
So new rule: He who races Honcho, must wear a wife beater all weekend and a wig for all festivities. Thanks for setting a good precedent Stetson!
J. Stanley
Yellow #60

Re: Santa's Toy Run 2015 - Road Atlanta - Dec 5-6 8 years, 6 months ago #20011

• wera44
  • Junior Racer
I think technically I should be the one with the wife beater as I'll be beating on honcho and making him my b$tch....

Re: Santa's Toy Run 2015 - Road Atlanta - Dec 5-6 8 years, 6 months ago #20017

• AEvans
  • Junior Racer
wera44 wrote:
I think technically I should be the one with the wife beater as I'll be beating on honcho and making him my b$tch....

What makes you think Crookston is driving honcho?
NASA Southeast
944-Spec
Moderators: AgRacer
Banner
Time to create page: 0.11 seconds