Social Media

Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

PARToberfest 2015- Sponsored by Just Track It!
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
944Spec Southeast Region Newsletter Sign Up!

madmimi.com/signups/334153/join

NASA Southeast Website

nasa-se.com/

Region Sponsored by Appalachian Race Tire.

www.racetire.com/

TOPIC: PARToberfest 2015- Sponsored by Just Track It!

Re: PARToberfest 2015- Sponsored by Just Track It! 8 years, 6 months ago #19893

• brad.t
  • Drivers Ed
Yes, I intended to build a car from scratch but found a seemingly good deal on a fairly prepped 944. Unfortunately it has a bunch of rust (one day I will learn to never pick something up at night) and I don't think it is a good candidate for a cage as there is some at the base of the forward side rail.

I'm going to be doing the DE this weekend with it at Road Atlanta but hope to have all of its good pieces removed and swapped into another shell for the next PCA DE in May, just looking at options right now. I don't plan on being 'race ready' at least until the end of next year so I have some time, I just need to get some track days in..

Mine is a late offset car but I don't mind swapping to early offset as part of this. Also I have a soft spot for the 924S.

Brian Evans wrote:
brad.t wrote:
Is this 924S shell any good?

Shell will be fine, everything is straight on it but I don't need any more cars sitting around the shop so I was planning on scrapping it.

Are you thinking of building a car?
Now:
'86 951
'88 924S
'89 951

Sadly Gone:
'08 Cayman S, '87 944 Track Car, '88 951S
'87 951, '87 951, '86 944 16v Swap, '93 968

Re: PARToberfest 2015- Sponsored by Just Track It! 8 years, 6 months ago #19897

• Crooks
  • Junior Racer
Just looking at the numbers the 924S should make a better race car. Lighter and less drag. But they don't look as cool as a 944. If you are slow like some of us you may as well look good doing it, but if you are fast it doesn't matter.

Re: PARToberfest 2015- Sponsored by Just Track It! 8 years, 6 months ago #19898

sounds like fun but the wife wont let me go out and play 2 weekends in a row
Michael Morris

Re: PARToberfest 2015- Sponsored by Just Track It! 8 years, 6 months ago #19899

• AEvans
  • Junior Racer
Dead Horse wrote:

2 weekends in a row? This better mean you're racing at Barber...
NASA Southeast
944-Spec

Re: PARToberfest 2015- Sponsored by Just Track It! 8 years, 6 months ago #19900

brad.t wrote:
Yes, I intended to build a car from scratch but found a seemingly good deal on a fairly prepped 944. Unfortunately it has a bunch of rust (one day I will learn to never pick something up at night) and I don't think it is a good candidate for a cage as there is some at the base of the forward side rail.

I'm going to be doing the DE this weekend with it at Road Atlanta but hope to have all of its good pieces removed and swapped into another shell for the next PCA DE in May, just looking at options right now. I don't plan on being 'race ready' at least until the end of next year so I have some time, I just need to get some track days in..

Mine is a late offset car but I don't mind swapping to early offset as part of this. Also I have a soft spot for the 924S.

Brian Evans wrote:
brad.t wrote:
Is this 924S shell any good?

Shell will be fine, everything is straight on it but I don't need any more cars sitting around the shop so I was planning on scrapping it.

Are you thinking of building a car?

Planning on coming to the parting party, Brad? Wouldn't hurt to bring your rusty car over- I can't recall ever seeing one down here that was beyond repair.
NASA Southeast
944-Spec

Re: PARToberfest 2015- Sponsored by Just Track It! 8 years, 6 months ago #19901

AEvans wrote:
Dead Horse wrote:

2 weekends in a row? This better mean you're racing at Barber...

Ill be there..........working
Michael Morris
Moderators: AgRacer
Banner
Time to create page: 0.10 seconds