Social Media

Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Pedal covers, type and clarification.
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Pedal covers, type and clarification.

Pedal covers, type and clarification. 11 years, 7 months ago #13942

• joeblow
  • Seasoned Racer
  • Old Racer
I see nothing in the rules specifically on this so I want to clarify the situation with the group for a concensus on how it is being done now. I want to be clear that I am not proposing a new rule here just asking for some interpretation.

I would like to remove the rubber pads off of the clutch and brake pedals and replace them with either just grip tape (like on a skateboard) or aluminum high grip pedal covers. I would also like to go with an aluminum gas pedal (hinge part as well like a 911) as I have broken stock plastic ones before and with heal/toe forces and have forced the accelerator rod off the pedal as well (popped the c-clip off). The aluminum one would be more robust and have higher grip as well.

Is this allready being done by the group in whole or in part and what is the concessus on its legality. I see no performance gain here, just confort and reliability in my case.

Thanks!
Old Racer!

Re: Pedal covers, type and clarification. 11 years, 7 months ago #13953

Sorry for the late reply, I've been out racing - more on that later. The living hinge on our cars is a problem the way we stand on the gas all the time. Provided there are no large changes in position or geometry, you can use an aftermarket pedal cover, and rework the accelerator pedal. Mine has a door hinge on the bottom, after it broke this year. If you have any questions on what you want to do, post it up here or contact your local series director.
Eric Kuhns

National Director Emeritus

2007, & 2008 National Champion
2011, 2012 2nd

Re: Pedal covers, type and clarification. 11 years, 7 months ago #13975

• joeblow
  • Seasoned Racer
  • Old Racer
That seems to fit with my plan. I have a new billet pedal set for an early 911 that I never used. The clutch and brake are aluminum covers basically that I will either just bolt directly to the metal 944 pedals or I might have to weld brackets and spacers to get things lined up where I need them.

The gas pedal is a complete pedal with hinge integral to the design. I plan to simply bolt it to the floor in a similar location to stock though it might be an inch here or there, again for ergonomic reasons.

My issue is my damn big feet too, size 13. They often get between the gas and brake pedal when it is least desired! But at least I wont break the gas pedal this way!
Old Racer!
  • Page:
Moderators: joepaluch, tcomeau, KLR
Banner
Time to create page: 0.07 seconds