Social Media

Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Nationals Update

Nationals Update 10 years, 9 months ago #16170

Here's an email I sent out to the guys interested in Nationals. If I missed you, let me know, and I'll get you added to the list:

Things are shaping up for Miller! Lots of exciting news!

First, let me thank you guys for getting on the ball, signing up early, and making this thing REALLY big - great people, great location means a great time for all!

We are up to 29 cars - now just behind SM (31 cars) for the biggest class at Miller. The numbers alone establish that 944 Spec is strong, but what will really set us apart is the fun and sportsmanship this class is know for at Nationals - clean, close racing at the highest levels on the track, and great camaraderie off the track.

I'd like to welcome Neal Agran as my assistant director for this event. Aside from being a heck of a driver, Neal's specialty is driver development, data interpretation, and coaching. I have worked together with Neal both locally and at previous Nationals on helping everyone get faster, throughout the field. Nationals is not only a place to fight for the win, it is also a place to accelerate your racing learning curve. A week immersed in "living the life" of a race car driver will put you years ahead if you make the most of it, and Neal & I will help.

To further this, NASA has worked with the Ford Racing School at Miller for several racing school options at Miller, starting at $150. The $400 option, with 2 hours of track time, coaching from trackside observers, and classroom instruction from the guys who know this rack the best, seems like the sweet spot if you can swing it! Look here: nasachampionships.com/pdf/NASA-Clinic-eMail.pdf

Will Faules has set aside a block of garages for us at a discounted rate. If you haven't got in on this awesome deal, email This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it

Back to the entries! NASA has just announced good news:
$300 off Championships entry extended through July 25th!
Use Promo code CHAMPS13-3-PU60BW28 at checkout to receive the discount!

So let's get the word out, and find a way to pull ahead of those pesky Spec Miatas for the largest class at Miller! We can't let them be the only class in on the big Toyo bucks - this starts at 30 cars. It's an amazing and wonderful thing that our class of these old but awesome cars, who's future was in question 5 years ago, is now one of the biggest, and certainly the best, at Nationals. It's the people that make it so! Great work guys!

If any one has an options for a rental car out there, I can help promote or play match maker. If any of your buddies are still on the fence, lets find a way to help them out. Let's make our "Band of Brothers" even bigger, and get a few more cars out there!
Eric Kuhns

National Director Emeritus

2007, & 2008 National Champion
2011, 2012 2nd
The topic has been locked.
  • Page:
Banner
Time to create page: 0.07 seconds