Stock 944S wants to stall when coming off track
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Stock 944S wants to stall when coming off track

Stock 944S wants to stall when coming off track 8 years, 3 months ago #20381

• karbuf
  • Comp School
Hi,
I've finally got my 944S on the track! My 88 944S has a new life and identity as a ChumpCar. In December, we ran the Dual 7s at VIR. When we run it hard on the track, it runs great, lots of power. But when we let off, say on a yellow flag or coming into the pits, the engine wants to stall and i really have to pat the pedal to keep it running. If we let it sit for a few minutes, it starts to idle fine or if we get back into it (like going back to green), it runs fine. It just seems to have a hard time in that transition from running hard to running at idle. Temps are fine. Stock computer. IAC seems to work fine (at least under non-race conditions).

Any ideas of what to look for?

Thanks,
tim.....

Re: Stock 944S wants to stall when coming off track 8 years, 3 months ago #20382

I would replace the NTC temperature sensor for the DME to start off with. It's quite inexpensive and may be giving you false readings when the engine is driven hard. It's the blue sensor towards the front of the engine, as I recall.
#124, 1987 924S Spec racer
1988 Turbo S

Re: Stock 944S wants to stall when coming off track 8 years, 3 months ago #20396

• dpRacing Dan
  • 944 Spec National Director
That sounds like vacuum to me. I had a similar issue and discovered the "J-boot" to the intake was cracked a bit on the under side where I couldnt see it and allowed just enough of a vacuum leak to make it stall.
  • Page:
Banner
Time to create page: 0.07 seconds