Social Media

Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Why are you in this class?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Why are you in this class?

Why are you in this class? 9 years, 5 months ago #18670

• tcomeau
Are you true to the 944 Spec founding philosophy? If not, get out now! If so, post your reasons for joining this class - especially the new guys...
Please introduce yourselves and chime in. We know you've been lurking.
Tim Comeau
SoCal 944 Spec #22 since Feb 2003.
Let's keep building it!

Re: Why are you in this class? 9 years, 5 months ago #18678

• RacerX
  • Endurance Racer
PictureGROUP1318.gif
Ken Frey #3 944-Spec MW Region

"Racing is life! Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."

Check out my build thread!!
www.944-spec.org/944SPEC/forum/race-car-...d/9155-new-car-build

Re: Why are you in this class? 9 years, 5 months ago #18682

• tcomeau
Total lurker! Speak up!
Tim Comeau
Let's keep building it!

Re: Why are you in this class? 9 years, 5 months ago #18684

• KB944
  • Drivers Ed
Kent B. AZ region. I don't race anymore. I chose 944spec because it was not a innovator or car builder class. The group of drivers in AZ were the most fun in the pits and on the track. Everything evolves I suppose.

The 'goal' was to ensure your car was equal to your competitors. It was not dissect the rules and dream up a 'legal' mod that nobody else has. It seems there was a point soon after I retired where an arms race began.

I remember hearing about the Miller event a few years back where it was discussed on the forum that the payout would be spread out to all entries. Truly the 944 spec spirit! This allowed more people to participate. One individual decided not to go with this program and had a bit of a fit. This might be the turning point where 944 spec went from being a tight group, to a bunch of individuals that want to beat each other bad enough to exploit and bend rules. No longer a drivers class.

It's a bummer sometimes reading this forum. There are some very vocal individuals who want to fix what's not broken. Never mind what the regional directors and other drivers have to say. Hearing 'No new rules' repeatedly and the self congratulatory 'It's the driver mod' is old. Especially considering the source. Let the group speak!!

I have a lot to say for a non racer. The friends I've made and the good times at the track I will always remember. I think I'm sharing what many are thinking.

I think the core of 944 spec is alive and well! There are a couple of bad apples making it a little stinky right now.
Kent B. in AZ
944 spec #11 (r.i.p.)

Re: Why are you in this class? 9 years, 5 months ago #18685

• tcomeau
There you go, Kent. There was a time in SoCal when everyone was trusted both on and off the track. Hoods were open after every session. Contact between cars was considered TABOO and was very rare. We'll work to get back to that.
Tim Comeau
Let's keep building it!

Re: Why are you in this class? 9 years, 5 months ago #18687

• RacerX
  • Endurance Racer
Why I wanted to be in the 944 class? Because I didn't want to be driving these....

Daily-Fail1-500x375.jpg

WTmaro.jpg

honda.jpg
Ken Frey #3 944-Spec MW Region

"Racing is life! Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."

Check out my build thread!!
www.944-spec.org/944SPEC/forum/race-car-...d/9155-new-car-build
Banner
Time to create page: 0.10 seconds