Social Media

Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

SoCal Autoclub event to be huge - sign up here!
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: SoCal Autoclub event to be huge - sign up here!

Re: SoCal Autoclub event to be huge - sign up here! 12 years, 3 months ago #12625

• tcomeau
OK, guys!
I can get up there early and rope off space in the paddock like we did last time. That worked out well and kept everybody close together in a most convenient location. We had 10 944's racing last time, plus HPDE 944's and some visitors. I think we can hit 15 or more this time.
I'm renting my blue 924S out to Eric and I'm trying like hell to get our other rental going.
Tim Comeau
SoCal 944 Spec #22 since Feb 2003.
Let's keep building it!

Re: SoCal Autoclub event to be huge - sign up here! 12 years, 3 months ago #12626

• tcomeau
Jimmy Hicks (SoCal)is planning to be there in his newly acquired CRE #002 944.
Matt Herrill (SoCal) has contacted me and is doing the paperwork to attend in his own racing 944.
I continue to encourage PCA race-licensed guys from San Diego to attend this event.
Tim Comeau
SoCal 944 Spec #22 since Feb 2003.
Let's keep building it!

Re: SoCal Autoclub event to be huge - sign up here! 12 years, 3 months ago #12631

Sterling Doc wrote:
This sounds good. I'd love to come. will look closer at the schedule as we get closer.

Hopefully the Chuckwalla event is going well this weekend!

We're working on some plans for Autoclub, stay tuned!

Chuckwalla was a fantastic weekend. Great driver's track and a well run Az event as always. Chuckwalla rewards smoothness and flow over brakes and hp. Room for passing plenty of run off. Fanstastic track.

BTW.... I am tentative for Autoclub. I missed I shift in Sunday's Feature race (went for 4th and got 2nd) So bent all my valves. Not sure if I can get it repaired for autoclub. We shall see.
Joe Paluch
944 Spec #94 Gina Marie Paper Designs
Arizona Regional 944 Spec Director, National Rules Coordinator
2006 Az Champion - 944 Spec Racer Since 2002

Re: SoCal Autoclub event to be huge - sign up here! 12 years, 3 months ago #12632

tcomeau wrote:
OK, guys!
I can get up there early and rope off space in the paddock like we did last time. That worked out well and kept everybody close together in a most convenient location. We had 10 944's racing last time, plus HPDE 944's and some visitors. I think we can hit 15 or more this time.
I'm renting my blue 924S out to Eric and I'm trying like hell to get our other rental going.

Tim,
Might there be electric there? I know there are electric spaces at autoclub, just not sure how it works these days since it has been a long time since I have been there.
Joe Paluch

Re: SoCal Autoclub event to be huge - sign up here! 12 years, 3 months ago #12634

Bummer!
I have lots of valves, and even a core head if that would help you get back on track. Lets us know what you need, Joe - lets work to make this happen!

Maybe some turbo valve springs and a shifter overhaul are in order?

Chuckwalla looks like a great 944 track. Post up a race report or video when you can!
Eric Kuhns

National Director Emeritus

2007, & 2008 National Champion
2011, 2012 2nd
Last Edit: 12 years, 3 months ago by Sterling Doc.

Re: SoCal Autoclub event to be huge - sign up here! 12 years, 3 months ago #12637

I think I am going to need to talk with you about valves.

Since November 2010 this is my third set trashed. I already robbed 2 spare heads of valves. This was a set of new valve springs. If I post the video you will know the springs they never stood chance. Those might be toast to.

What do I need most? Time... Ha....
Joe Paluch
Banner
Time to create page: 0.10 seconds