Social Media

Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

SoCal Autoclub event to be huge - sign up here!
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: SoCal Autoclub event to be huge - sign up here!

Re: SoCal Autoclub event to be huge - sign up here! 12 years, 3 months ago #12752

tcomeau wrote:
Marc Riesenberg's 944 is in our shop right now getting fresh rod bearings. He'll be in HPDE 3.

How bad was the bearing? It did not appear that bad at Chuckwalla and did not sound like a typical rod bearing failure.
Joe Paluch
944 Spec #94 Gina Marie Paper Designs
Arizona Regional 944 Spec Director, National Rules Coordinator
2006 Az Champion - 944 Spec Racer Since 2002

Re: SoCal Autoclub event to be huge - sign up here! 12 years, 3 months ago #12753

norman#99 wrote:
I do have one hell of a wife! But she doesn't know about Susan not really

Don't forget everybody, it's Valentines Day! It's nice to only have great things to say about my sweetheart! She was one of the kids that used to come out with us sneaking the family car out when we were 12 years old, over 40 years ago and we lived to tell about it and now she is still riding with me on race tracks and windy AZ roads. She insists on being with me at every event and is the back bone of Team Safety Driving School. I know this is a thread for Autoclub's huge event, but I probably wouldn't even be racing now if it wasn't for her enjoying it as much as I do. Thanks for reading my ahhhh story

Yikes, my daughter just turned 10. I need to start looking out for the likes of you, Norm!
Seriously, that's a great story! It's great to marry well. I'm similarly blessed. Linda would love to be there, and will be in charge along with me at Nationals.

We're at 17. Two more cars to get the biggest Toyo bucks! Nice work Tim and Norm, Everett, and everyone!
Eric Kuhns

National Director Emeritus

2007, & 2008 National Champion
2011, 2012 2nd
Last Edit: 12 years, 3 months ago by Sterling Doc.

Re: SoCal Autoclub event to be huge - sign up here! 12 years, 3 months ago #12755

• tcomeau
Joe, the bearing failure was VERY bad. The top part of the top bearing shell was gone. The ends of the top bearing shell were fused to the bottom bearing shell. Crank damaged. possible rod damage. Engine is being swapped to save time and money. Still hoping Marc will make the event.
Tim Comeau
SoCal 944 Spec #22 since Feb 2003.
Let's keep building it!

Re: SoCal Autoclub event to be huge - sign up here! 12 years, 3 months ago #12756

tcomeau wrote:
Joe, the bearing failure was VERY bad. The top part of the top bearing shell was gone. The ends of the top bearing shell were fused to the bottom bearing shell. Crank damaged. possible rod damage. Engine is being swapped to save time and money. Still hoping Marc will make the event.

Sounds more like normal. Very bad is when it locks up and blows up the block.
Joe Paluch

Re: SoCal Autoclub event to be huge - sign up here 12 years, 2 months ago #12758

Ok I am in! I have my parts and will put the fresh head on next weekend. Wife and kids are going too. Where are people staying? I will need a hotel suitable for the family.

I would like to stay at the same place if a few are staying in them same place.
Joe Paluch

Re: SoCal Autoclub event to be huge - sign up here 12 years, 2 months ago #12759

• tcomeau
Ok, Riesenberg has had to bow out this timne around. No quick and easy, or cheap, work around for his spun bearing engine, even with all of our resources!

However,
Eddie Hillard (SoCal) has registered for HPDE 1 on Saturday only. This will be his first NASA event with us. His "new" car came down from the NorCal group.
I'm still working on a list of other drivers.
I was in the shop till 10:30 pm Saturday night working on old #16, one of the earliest 944 Spec cars in SoCal. I need more duct tape, zip ties, and bubble gum to get this car to the races!
Tim Comeau
SoCal 944 Spec #22 since Feb 2003.
Let's keep building it!
Banner
Time to create page: 0.10 seconds