Social Media

Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

SoCal Autoclub event to be huge - sign up here!
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: SoCal Autoclub event to be huge - sign up here!

Re: SoCal Autoclub event to be huge - sign up here 12 years, 3 months ago #12716

Ok took a look at the head today. Clearly bent 2 intake valves. Tapped all 4 intake valves. Not certain on the exhaust. Bottom end looks ok so Time to wait for the heads. If they won't make it in time I will consider fixing the one I have. We shall see.
Joe Paluch
944 Spec #94 Gina Marie Paper Designs
Arizona Regional 944 Spec Director, National Rules Coordinator
2006 Az Champion - 944 Spec Racer Since 2002

Re: SoCal Autoclub event to be huge - sign up here! 12 years, 3 months ago #12717

rd7839 wrote:
Got a lot done on the car these past two days and if I can finish up and get it in the shop by friday, AND my trailer is done, I might be able to make it. I'll have to wait and see.

Buy some beer, and organize a build party!
For the trailer beg, borrow, or...
Eric Kuhns

National Director Emeritus

2007, & 2008 National Champion
2011, 2012 2nd

Re: SoCal Autoclub event to be huge - sign up here! 12 years, 3 months ago #12718

norman#99 wrote:
We are working on the finances for the trip, will decide really soon.

Norm, you're the odds on favorite to take home $400 to $600 in Toyo bucks - that should pay for the trip right there! You can crash in our hotel room. NASA is pitching in for lunch - another $10 saved! Draft Joe and his V10 Dodge, and the trip will cost you about $19.99 in gas. See, I've got this all figured out!
Eric Kuhns

2011, 2012 2nd
Last Edit: 12 years, 3 months ago by Sterling Doc.

Re: SoCal Autoclub event to be huge - sign up here! 12 years, 3 months ago #12719

Eric, I really like the way you think! Especially the assumption that I have the odds on taking home some cash, remember, the older I get the faster I used to be! Now we have a 17 year old to deal with, but I did have two years of race track seat time when he was born!

It's 900 miles round trip, so we are thinking about driving the race car to save some gas. Miller was 1200 round trip and we did that twice.

Thanks for working this out, I am almost there!
Norman #99

Re: SoCal Autoclub event to be huge - sign up here! 12 years, 3 months ago #12732

After much thought and calculating, I am in!

For a bonus, we worked it out with SoCal to have our newest 944spec guy Rob Davis, sign up in the race group, so that should be 17 confirmed. I don't see a problem getting at least a few more to get us over the 20 car count!

Looking forward to seeing all of you there!
Norman #99
Last Edit: 12 years, 3 months ago by norman#99.

Re: SoCal Autoclub event to be huge - sign up here! 12 years, 3 months ago #12733

Awesome Norm! Let me know if you want to crash in our hotel room. The beds are taken, but we could probably fit one more in on an air mattress, or cot.

Thanks for bringing another new driver along with as well - great work!
I'll add Rob to the list. That list, is not yet confirmed, but those who said they would come (or might if the had ?'s by their name). 19 cars is the threshold for the biggest Toyo payout:
First place finishers get $300 in Toyo bucks, with $200, $150, $100 and $75 for second through fifth place. 10th through 15th get $50 apiece. This is per race doouble that for the weekend payout.
Eric Kuhns

2011, 2012 2nd
Banner
Time to create page: 0.10 seconds