Social Media

Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

1983- 944 TONS of new parts, perfect track project
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: 1983- 944 TONS of new parts, perfect track project

1983- 944 TONS of new parts, perfect track project 14 years, 2 months ago #6958

Clear title, no leans, registered and inspected in MA. Currently in storage in Albany, NY. Over $5300 (my discounted cost, not list) in new parts in the last year alone. I am a mechanic so all the work was completed correctly. The car is very well sorted all major service is completed last year. The car is sold “as is” with all the paper work. It would make an excellent daily driver or Porsche club driving school/track car.

Minor issues are worn driver’s seat, flaking paint on the L/F corner from minor previous repair (chassis is straight), a few small chips, dings, scratches (it’s a 26 year old car that's a driver, normal stuff) Car is very solid and looks nice. Please don't hesitate to respond. It’s a great car but I'm just looking to pay some college bills off.

Here's what you want to see....

-2.5L four cylinder engine runs great, no smoke, does not burn oil or coolant. Currently has Castrol GTX 20w50 oil. The water pump, oil cooler, and belts were serviced last fall and only 8,000 miles. Compression numbers are as follows:
1- 190 psi
2- 185 psi
3- 190 psi
4- 185 psi
-Rear Transaxle is from an 84 944 with 67,000 miles. Shifts fine, no grinds or notchy shift pattern. Currently running Motul Gearbox 80w-90 gear oil.
-Previous owner installed new clutch, cylinder head and gasket, and DME computer.

New parts (have all receipts):

-BF Goodrich Sport tires (225/50-R15)
-Bosch platinum sparkplugs
-Bosch Cap and rotor
-Magnecor spark plug wires
-Both Crank reference sensors
-K&N air filter
-Throttle cam
-Water pump
-Timing belt
-Timing belt idler pulley
-Balance shaft belt
-Bosch Alternator
-Accessory drive belt
-Coolant hoses (upper, lower and tank to radiator crossover)
-Radiator
-Clutch master cylinder
-Clutch Slave cylinder
-Bosch Starter
-Front and rear Bilstien HD shocks
-Front and rear Cryo-Frozen Rotors
-Front and rear EBC Red pads
-ATE super blue brake fluid (DOT 4, high boiling temp)
-Front and rear Goodridge stainless steel brake lines
-Exhaust donut seal
-Cooling fan sensor
-Hood and rear hatch struts
-Ball joints
-Front and rear bearings and seals (rears are new in box)
-Oil cooler seal kit
-Steering rack boots and fresh grease (Car is factory manual steering)
-Fuel filter
-Head light motor relay
-Fuel pump relay
-All Fuses
-Thermostat
-Aluminum front sunroof lock hinges
-Headlight switch
-JVC cd/stereo and Blaupunkt speakers
-Battery
-Plus more misc. parts

Pictures at:
s594.photobucket.com/albums/tt28/indyryder3x/porsche%20944/

Contact: This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it

Price is $3000 firm

Re:1983- 944 TONS of new parts, perfect track project 13 years, 11 months ago #7466

Really, a completely rebuilt car for a good price and no one wants it?

Only one thing to do at this point, $2800 obo haha just get this out of my garage....

Re:1983- 944 TONS of new parts, perfect track project 13 years, 11 months ago #7470

looks like a great start for a 944-spec car ! best of luck with the sale .

Re:1983- 944 TONS of new parts, perfect track project 13 years, 11 months ago #7474

Yea its a great car, I bought it from one of my teachers in school, rebuilt it and now I'm moving on to something different.

Its never been tracked, always a street car. I've driven long distance with it and never even hiccuped but im going to buy an E36 M3 sedan (love the 4 door) so I'd like it gone as soon as i can.

Re:1983- 944 TONS of new parts, perfect track project 13 years, 9 months ago #7791

Hey Guys, Car is sold...
  • Page:
Moderators: SvoChuck, joepaluch, tcomeau, KLR
Banner
Time to create page: 0.10 seconds