(1 viewing) (1) Guest
NASA California South Region Website

nasasocal.com/
  • Page:

TOPIC: Thunderhill -- April 15th and 16th

Thunderhill -- April 15th and 16th 7 years, 1 month ago #21595

• ioport
  • Comp School
I would like to extend a warm welcome to all SoCal 944Spec drivers to come to the NorCal event at Thunderhill, April 15th and 16th. This is your best opportunity to practice for the 2017 Western States Championships. NorCal will host another opportunity to race at Thunderhill in August, but the April event will be closer to the conditions in October for the Championships.
Ken Myers
I/O Port Racing Supplies

Re: Thunderhill -- April 15th and 16th 7 years, 1 month ago #21596

• ChuckS
  • Seasoned Racer
Ken,
Thanks for the invite. I would love to come up, but it is a long trip and we have a race the following week at Buttonwillow.

Question - if we were to come up, can we run with NASA or do we need to run with PRC and pay their fees?

We will absolutely be there for the Nats. Hope to make it up for at least one or two more, but it is hard.
Chuck Sharp
San Diego, CA
1986 Spec 944 #58
Red / Twin White Stripes

Re: Thunderhill -- April 15th and 16th 7 years, 1 month ago #21597

• ioport
  • Comp School
Chuck,
Yes, it is a long trip up. It was a long enough trip for me to get to Buttonwillow last weekend. However, the destination is worth the effort.

If you run with NASA, you would run in Group C in PTD class (I think). Running 944Spec would be in Group D with the PRC. I don't know if you can bypass the PRC $54 membership fee. I'll check into that.

For the Western States, 944Spec will be part of NASA and not part of PRC.
Ken Myers
I/O Port Racing Supplies

Re: Thunderhill -- April 15th and 16th 7 years, 1 month ago #21598

• Atteberry
  • Seasoned Racer
Good to here you are alive and well Ken. I will not be able to make it in April but have plans to come up in August. ( I just love the weather in Willows in August)

So if we sign up and state we are running in PT class we can avoid the PRC fees and rules.

Re: Thunderhill -- April 15th and 16th 7 years, 1 month ago #21599

• ioport
  • Comp School
Certainly if you run in PT class you can avoid the PRC fees and rules. You will just not be able to run with Group D nor will you get 944Spec points. PRC needs to make a board decision on the fees, but the rules are the rules.
Ken Myers
I/O Port Racing Supplies

Re: Thunderhill -- April 15th and 16th 7 years, 1 month ago #21600

• rd7839
  • Endurance Racer
if we as a group ask to be moved to a different group NASA may acommodate us. They did however move spec e46 to PRC.I'm curious to see if they have to pay the extra fees as well.
  • Page:
Moderators: tcomeau
Banner
Time to create page: 0.09 seconds