Hey Norcal....
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
NASA California North Region Website

nasanorcal.com/

TOPIC: Hey Norcal....

Hey Norcal.... 13 years, 2 months ago #9740

• Gary_44
  • Seasoned Racer
I haven't been on here in a while, glad to see Norcal 944Spec is still going strong. Hopefully it won't be long until I'm able to get started again. After 6 mos of looking, I've started a new job. Once I get caught up on things, I'll be in the market for another 944 and get back on track.(pun intended)

My new office is in Emeryville, a block away from you Pixar folks. Maybe we can grab lunch sometime.
\"There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.\"
--- Ernest Hemmingway

Re: Hey Norcal.... 13 years, 2 months ago #9741

Hi Gary,
Great to hear the good news. I live in Alameda which is about 15-20 minutes from Emeryville. I try to eat lunch at Emeryville Public Marketplace every other week. Would be great to have a lunch buddy to talk cars with.

When you are ready to buy another car, maybe we will have a spare race car all ready to race to sell you. All depends on which one we keep. Sorry but I am not getting rid of my 88'

You can always email me at This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it
Window Tinting
Paint Protection
Vinyl Graphics

Re: Hey Norcal.... 13 years, 2 months ago #9755

• Gary_44
  • Seasoned Racer
Hey Sid,
You still got all the pretty interior in that car?
Co-workers just turned me on to the Public Market, I ate there on Friday. We should definatley catch up on sometime.

I know it makes more sense to buy a race-ready car than build another one, but I'm itching to get on the track so bad, not sure I can wait that long. I'm thinking of buying another cheap, stock 944 to use for HPDE and compete in auto-x stock class, while I save up for a prepped spec car.
\"There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.\"
--- Ernest Hemmingway

Re: Hey Norcal.... 13 years, 2 months ago #9757

I will let you know some of my favorite foods from the different restaurants inside the Public Market Place next time I see you.

If you want to buy something that is already almost complete, I am sure Mike would consider selling you his race car for maybe $4K. He raced with the 944 Spec group 3 or 4 years ago and had an accident. He had Art remove everything from his damaged car and put into another roller. As far as I can remember, it isn't 100% race ready but definitely good enough for track events and autocrossing. Here is his ad on Craigslist: sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/cto/2236056173.html

If you have time, you can come out and check out our spare car which is stored at my shop in San Leandro.
Window Tinting
Paint Protection
Vinyl Graphics

Re: Hey Norcal.... 13 years, 2 months ago #9760

• Gary_44
  • Seasoned Racer
I saw that car. You think he'll let me do a lay-away plan?

With gas pushing $4, I'm thinking of selling my 10MPG-Gas-Guzzling-Hemi-Jeep, so I probably won't be able to tow for awhile. So, I'd need something street legal.
--- Ernest Hemmingway

Re: Hey Norcal.... 13 years, 2 months ago #9761

10 mpg? You'd better buy a Prius or a Civic Hybrid for commuting. Of course a 944 is not too bad on gas either. Email or call Mike and ask him about a payment plan. I am sure you guys can work something out.
Window Tinting
Paint Protection
Vinyl Graphics
Moderators: tcomeau
Banner
Time to create page: 0.10 seconds