(1 viewing) (1) Guest
NASA California North Region Website

nasanorcal.com/
  • Page:

TOPIC: stupid question and observation

stupid question and observation 15 years, 2 months ago #3740

• rd7839
  • Endurance Racer
I was working on the car this weekend and noticed something strange about my strut tower brace. I traded out the bolts holding the camber plates in for longer and better bolts with nylock nuts. All 8 bolts are the same length brand new out of the package. When I put the plates for the strut brace on and tightened everything down I noticed that on the drivers side the 2 inner bolts had a lot more bolt showing through the nut than the outside ones. I took them back out and made sure everything is sitting flush and it appears to be. I traded inside with outside bolts and tried again with the same result. Passenger side only one inside bolt showed more threads. Again, everything looks good so what gives? They all have the same washers and everything is tight(I hope!). Bolts stretch but not 1/2".

Also looking at the car from the front Kim noticed the drivers side strut tower leans alot more towards the engine and my camber plate is adjusted less than the passenger side. Is this normal? The car does have some bondo but doesn't look like it had any serious crash damage, all the undercoating is in place and all the seam glue/welds look factory.

What do you guys think? I don't want to find out at speed through turn 10 that i forgot the Johnson rod or something.

Re:stupid question and observation 15 years, 2 months ago #3782

What are you worried about with a 99.99% corner balanced car that looks like it is the same height all around.

I wouldn't worry too much about that but you can always ask our tech master Rick if it worries you.
Window Tinting
Paint Protection
Vinyl Graphics

Re:stupid question and observation 15 years, 2 months ago #3953

• Gary_44
  • Seasoned Racer
If you lose the Johnson Rod, I found this good deal on an aftermarket one for only $149...

kalecoauto.com/index.php?main_page=produ...3&products_id=18
\"There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.\"
--- Ernest Hemmingway
  • Page:
Moderators: tcomeau
Banner
Time to create page: 0.08 seconds