(1 viewing) (1) Guest
NASA California North Region Website

nasanorcal.com/

TOPIC: 24 Hours of LeMons in December

24 Hours of LeMons in December 15 years, 9 months ago #1968

• pixrken
  • NorCal 944-Spec Director
Hey NorCal 944-SPEC racers,

What do you guys want to do about the 24 Hours of LeMons race at Thunderhill December 27-28, 2008?

It sucks they don't have a NorCal LeMons race at the end of October like they did last year and running a race between the Xmas holidays and New Years might be tough for some families but you see how restless we get with just one month of downtime.

I know Jeremy, Jove and their team will be running a 944 at this event, don't know if the "Driving while Awesome" team still have a running 944. They finished 10th in their 944 at last years December event at Thunderhill.

So, who's crazy enough to do this?

Our "Fish out of Water" 944 LeMons car will need some fenders and doors pounded out.
It'll need the tail lights and head lights to be put back in to run at Thunderhill.
I have the used suspension parts I got from EASY from the residual value of the last LeMons race that needs to be installed.
Other to do: a/c delete and cat. removal.

So I'm starting the team roster of crazy's:
1. Ron
2. Aubie
3. Ken
4. John
5. Kimberly
--Ken
Last Edit: 15 years, 7 months ago by pixrken.

Re:24 Hours of LeMons in December 15 years, 9 months ago #1969

• rd7839
  • Endurance Racer
I would be interested. I still have 250lb coils for the front that i took off my car as well as some torsion bars of undetermined size. I'm not sure, but I may also still have the Bilstein shocks that came off it as well. I've got a few harness parts as well that I took out of my Boxster but they may be expired.

I don't have any vacation plans around xmas so I should be free.

Re:24 Hours of LeMons in December 15 years, 9 months ago #1970

I'll have to think about this one. Not the best time to run an enduro race. I thought you guys were planning on doing the 25 Hours of T-Hill in Dec.
Window Tinting
Paint Protection
Vinyl Graphics

Re:24 Hours of LeMons in December 15 years, 9 months ago #1972

• pixrken
Hey Sid,

The 25 Hours of Thunderhill is a completely different type of race and we don't know what we are going to do yet.
I know Greg, Rick and Steve are interested in doing it.
The 25 Hours is a very expensive and I don't think I have enough money to run this year.

The 24 Hours of LeMons on the other hand is pretty cheap to run.
I'm not saying I'll be able to make the LeMons race because of the date but I can help build out the car.

The "Fish out of Water" car will be a much more competitive this time out with suspension and tires on a track like Thunderhill.
The course will just use the east track of Thunderhill and will be 1.3 miles instead of the normal 3.0 miles and the front straight will have chicanes to slow everyone down.

Hey Ron,

I have you down as the first crazy.
--Ken

Re:24 Hours of LeMons in December 15 years, 9 months ago #1979

• Jump07
  • Senior Racer
Jove and I will be driving the "Captain America" 944 in the LeMons race this December. We almost have the vacuum hose issues resolved. I assume our old LeMons teammates Rod and Van will join us again. This car will be MUCH more competitive and fun to drive than our old "Planet Hell" Camry.
Jeremy Mathews
NorCal
1985 944 #07
2003 GMC 1500 Sierra Z71
Last Edit: 15 years, 9 months ago by Jump07. Reason: add pic

Re:24 Hours of LeMons in December 15 years, 8 months ago #2177

• pixrken
Hi Jeremy,

You, Jove and your LeMons team might have to carry the 944 torch for the December LeMons race. Don't have anyone other than Ron showing interest to race during the holidays and the Oct 18 registration deadline is coming up.
--Ken
Moderators: tcomeau
Banner
Time to create page: 0.10 seconds