(1 viewing) (1) Guest
NASA California North Region Website

nasanorcal.com/
  • Page:

TOPIC: Dirt track

Dirt track 15 years, 10 months ago #1857

• rd7839
  • Endurance Racer
Sometimes I'm glad to be living in the boonies! There is a dirt oval about 5 minutes from my house that the woman and I like to go hang out at on boring saturday nights. They run 360 sprints, sprint 100's(4 cylinder sprint cars), v8 stock cars, mini stocks, and occasionally dwarf cars, which are a version of Legends with aluminum bodies instead of fiberglass. It's a real fun show with ALOT of car to car "rubbin", a few fist fights, and some good racing and driving thrown in for good measure! As far as the fans go, they are as nice as any race fan anywhere, although healthy diets aren't part of their lexicon(I do love the deep fried burrito's myself so I guess I can't talk!). We've decided that next year some of my racing budget will go to getting a V8 stock car and havin' some fun with the boys on saturday nights. On Thunderhill weekends I should be able to race the 944 then jam to the dirt track, win my trophy and kiss from Bertha and still be back in the morning for Sunday's race. If the budget allows, maybe a sprint car someday! Nothing like 600 horsepower and one forward gear inside an 1/8 mile oval to get the blood pumping! Oh well, I guess I can dream.

Everyone should get out to a small dirt track someday and see how the other half lives(and plays). I promise a good time and a beer full of dirt.

Ron

Re:Dirt track 15 years, 10 months ago #1871

• pixrken
  • NorCal 944-Spec Director
Sounds like a tame version of the LeMons race.

Mmmm, I like deep fried burritos too, the dirt in the beer I can do without.
Now I know why it's so hard for us to get down to the 944-SPEC 2600 lb. weight limit.
It's not our cars, it's us.
--Ken

Re:Dirt track 15 years, 10 months ago #1874

• Jump07
  • Senior Racer
Mmmmmm....dirt beer.....
Jeremy Mathews
NorCal
1985 944 #07
2003 GMC 1500 Sierra Z71
  • Page:
Moderators: tcomeau