Social Media

Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

2014 Texas Area Season
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: 2014 Texas Area Season

Re: 2014 Texas Area Season 10 years, 3 months ago #17235

• Timwold
Chuck- Gtreat to hear the group is growing. Can you let me know the status of your race licens- starting DE, submitting for license, licensed etc. as well as the status of your car? will you run NASA and PCA?

I am in coppell and there are a couple guys within an hour or so drive who can help source parts etc.
Todd Imwold
1983 Spec Car #143

Re: 2014 Texas Area Season 10 years, 3 months ago #17247

Chuck welcome keep us posted on ur progress and if u need any help with anything let me know

Phil
Phil
944 spec

Re: 2014 Texas Area Season 10 years, 3 months ago #17251

• cefrahm
  • Drivers Ed
Hello Tim and Phil,

Thanks for the kind notes. I am brand new at this so any direction and mentorship is welcome. I do not have a racing license. I just sold a 964 to fund this new adventure. I picked up a '83 NA and have it in for basic tuneup and clutch in preparation for the PCA Mav DE opener in feb. It needs all racing upgrades. I could use a recommendation or 2 for a cage builder.

Joined PCA in 2005 and have enjoyed membership in NNJ , Founders Va and now the mav the last 2 years. I had the overt unity to DE a bunch at places like Limerock, Watkins Glenn, Pocono , summit pt, VIR , eagles canyon and MSR. Autoxed a bunch too...a few years back. Been driving my 02 911 Turbo in recent times.

In between the US moves, I lived in Switzerland and jointed a track club in France called Anneau du Rhin. Very open program and constantly on the track with peugots, renaults, BMWs and other Porsches, not to mention guys driving formula cars...and no passing rules. I tracked a euro spec 1988 944 turbo s. My plan was to bring it back to the US but ran into customs rules that made it prohibitive. I got bit by the 944 bug in a big way.

Could really us some direction to finally making this a reality. regards, Chuck. 817 229-1815

Re: 2014 Texas Area Season 10 years, 3 months ago #17252

• bg993
  • Comp School
Hi Chuck,

I should be instructing at the PCA DE in February. Please look me up, I am usually working on "Team 2". I should be there with my "just finished" (I hope...) SP1 car, it's silver, #61.

Look forward to meeting you!

BIll
Bill
SP1 - Done!
951 - Long Gone
993 - Why did I sell this?

Re: 2014 Texas Area Season 10 years, 3 months ago #17253

• cefrahm
  • Drivers Ed
Hello Bill,

I hope to be in my brand new (83) 944 dressed in white for its first track event. Unless changed, I will be sprouting number 22. See ya then!

Chuck

Re: 2014 Texas Area Season 10 years, 2 months ago #17384

• bg993
  • Comp School
Chuck,

Hope you had a great weekend, I saw your car a ways away, but we were really jammed up this weekend (especially Sunday). Look forward to meeting you next time!

Bill
Bill
SP1 - Done!
951 - Long Gone
993 - Why did I sell this?
Moderators: Timwold
Banner
Time to create page: 0.09 seconds