Social Media

Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Baseline Alignment Specs?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Baseline Alignment Specs?

Re: Baseline Alignment Specs? 9 years, 9 months ago #17976

That's about right for the alignment. Front toe isn't as critical for now (in will add stability, out will make the car more darty). Just make sure that rear toe is neutral or slightly in.

Shocks - I personally never mess with my rears. They are set in the middle and stay there. Front, I'll tweak here and there. I'd start in the middle and soften if you are getting too much understeer.

Sway Bars - Rear I would honestly remove for this event. If you don't want to do that then set it full soft, all the way falling off the ends of the bar. You don't want an oversteering car for school. I still think my car handles better with the small M030 bar than the big Weltmeister on the rear.

Front I'd start about 1" in from the ends of the bar.

These cars handle great, even stock. Old or not they go through corners at least as well as a Miata or E30. They trail brake great too but not without an LSD. I don't know what kind of cars you're comparing but we run times basically identical to E30 or SM.

Re: Baseline Alignment Specs? 9 years, 9 months ago #17977

Thanks Steve. That makes me feel more secure.

As you know, many tracks try to squeeze out as much revenue out of every open day as possible. I guess I don't blame them. However that sometimes puts us (944, SM, E30, Boxster) out there with Vettes, GTRs, Ferrari 430s, GT3s, etc. It can get dicey.

I can't wait to move on to SPEC races and more tracks. My last race was an IT enduro at Road Atlanta in 1999. I'm working my ass off to get back. Soon....

Thanks again. -Kerry
  • Page:
Banner
Time to create page: 0.07 seconds