Social Media

Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Breaking News from Mid-Ohio: New Spec Tire for '13
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Breaking News from Mid-Ohio: New Spec Tire for '13

Re: Breaking News from Mid-Ohio: New Spec Tire for '13 11 years, 8 months ago #13657

• rd7839
  • Endurance Racer
I have some Toyo bucks burning a hole in my pocket, are they going to be able to be used for the new tire? I'm right on the edge of needing a new set and would hate to get just a handful of cycles on a tire that will be obsolete next season.

Do we know the reason for a new tire? Is it a matter of if it's not broke, fix it anyway?(I have a set of r888's my dogs use for chew toys, when they're not getting into the pantry that is!)

Re: Breaking News from Mid-Ohio: New Spec Tire for '13 11 years, 8 months ago #13658

Update: Phil posted that his price on the RR is $181. This is $16 more than what he sells the RA-1 for.
Yes, you will be able to buy the RR with Toyo bucks. Our size is available for order now from Phils. It is not yet legal, however.
Eric Kuhns

National Director Emeritus

2007, & 2008 National Champion
2011, 2012 2nd
Last Edit: 11 years, 8 months ago by Sterling Doc.

Re: Breaking News from Mid-Ohio: New Spec Tire for '13 11 years, 8 months ago #13659

For me, It's all about the money and not so much about going 2 seconds faster, as long as we are on the same, safe tire, I really don't care if it's a street tire. The comment/fact made that 18 heat cycles and still consistent sounds great and I hope that is a fact for our cars, then this discussion isn't even necessary. However, since we are close to $1,000 for a set of tires, IF it's for much less track time, then like in the past, we will need to talk as a group (944spec) and make a choice on tires, the fact remains we are the customer and there is the "golden rule"! (he with the gold rules)

Actually I am exited to have a new tire that is faster, for the same price as a shaved RA1, when Eric starts using them the numbers won't lie and we can deal with it then if need be.

Eric, to bad this must be taking some of your focus away from the biggest race weekend of the year, so if it is, don't let it, $hit happens and we keep on racing!!!

Good luck to all of you at Nationals, be safe!
Norman #99

Re: Breaking News from Mid-Ohio: New Spec Tire for '13 11 years, 8 months ago #13661

Well said Norm - go get them Eric. Show that young'n what's what!

I didn't mean to come across negative about the change. I just hate inconsistency when nothing's broken the old way. I'm sure Toyo is looking to compete with faster tires in the open classes and it just makes sense to do away with the old and streamline everything to one dry competition tire.

Anyone want to buy a set of shaved RA-1s?

Re: Breaking News from Mid-Ohio: New Spec Tire for '13 11 years, 8 months ago #13664

• Big Dog
  • Banned
Steve, I will buy your obsolete set of RA1's.

e-mail me with your opening offer!

Big Dog
Jim Foxx

Re: Breaking News from Mid-Ohio: New Spec Tire for '13 11 years, 8 months ago #13665

• Big Dog
  • Banned
Oh, yes. Eric, when will the new tires BE legal?

Big Dog
Jim Foxx
Banner
Time to create page: 0.10 seconds