Willow Springs (WSIR) July 16 & 17
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
NASA California South Region Website

nasasocal.com/

TOPIC: Willow Springs (WSIR) July 16 & 17

Re: Willow Springs (WSIR) July 16 & 17 7 years, 9 months ago #20947

• ChuckS
  • Seasoned Racer
Good question Tom. I think that they should provide the umbrella, but we should bring our own beach chairs.
We can get the sand from the road up to Horse Thief Mile.
Chuck Sharp
San Diego, CA
1986 Spec 944 #58
Red / Twin White Stripes

Re: Willow Springs (WSIR) July 16 & 17 7 years, 9 months ago #20953

Okay, gang, so it turns out there is an endurance race on Sunday at 8 a.m. For only $50, racers can enter and run the first 30 minutes as an Australian Pursuit race. See this link for an example: www.nasaracing.net/australian-pursuit-races-at-spr-and-vir/

Sounds like a fun time, the price is great, and that's a time of day when the cars and drivers should be running well.

Re: Willow Springs (WSIR) July 16 & 17 7 years, 9 months ago #20954

• Atteberry
  • Seasoned Racer
Count me in

Re: Willow Springs (WSIR) July 16 & 17 7 years, 9 months ago #20958

• JDeLira
  • Junior Racer
Great weekend! Had so much fun out there!

Here's the rear view of Sunday's race. Interesting start then the rest is mostly boring.

youtu.be/FLqm0qaZMxQ

Will publish the other videos soon.

Jerry

Re: Willow Springs (WSIR) July 16 & 17 7 years, 9 months ago #20959

I don't remember a more frustrating weekend than this past one. Even when my a-arm broke when I was leading a race, that was preferable to just watching everyone else out on the track. And even when I got to race on Sunday, I had to come in because my window net decided to give way (you can see it in Jerry's rear facing camera).

But all that aside, thanks to everyone who helped get my car running again. Although I only got to be on the track once the whole weekend, I truly appreciate the help. I couldn't have done even that race without you all.

Everett

Re: Willow Springs (WSIR) July 16 & 17 7 years, 9 months ago #20961

For those of you who missed the "fun" race, it was fun for me. I was in a battle with 944s and a E30 the entire race.
Bummer about Everett's and Patrick's cars. Everett was climbing up my tailpipe when he was meat balled.
I'll post some first lap videos.
Jim Richmond
Capt Squid
Moderators: tcomeau
Banner
Time to create page: 0.09 seconds