Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Willow Springs (WSIR) July 16 & 17
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
NASA California South Region Website

nasasocal.com/

TOPIC: Willow Springs (WSIR) July 16 & 17

Re: Willow Springs (WSIR) July 16 & 17 7 years, 9 months ago #20941

I vote for a 944 only inverted start from the rear.
With only 50 racers there should be no room problem. H
Jim Richmond
Capt Squid

Re: Willow Springs (WSIR) July 16 & 17 7 years, 9 months ago #20942

Personally, I think a standing start would be fun. And I say this knowing that my car would be one of the slower ones off the line.

But I'm not particularly a huge fan of mixing us with the E 30's. I'm okay if others want to, but as we saw at Autoclub after the full course yellow, it can get in the way of what can otherwise be good 944 Spec racing. I also think that at this particular track, the differences in powerbands could make each class feel the other was getting in the way at certain points.

Re: Willow Springs (WSIR) July 16 & 17 7 years, 9 months ago #20943

• jivenjim
  • Senior Racer
Standing start could be fun. I'm game for whatever mixing groups Sean wants.
With 5 classes out there, we will see a lot of mixing the whole race. (like an AZ race)
Looks like about 100 so not really hot for summer.
Jim Hicks
Texas Transplant

Re: Willow Springs (WSIR) July 16 & 17 7 years, 9 months ago #20944

• JDeLira
  • Junior Racer
I'm with Mr Richmond, last flag, 944 only, inverted, rolling start.

Re: Willow Springs (WSIR) July 16 & 17 7 years, 9 months ago #20945

• ChuckS
  • Seasoned Racer
First, it looks like we have 10 registered for 944 Spec!!!
(Compound will need to be a little bigger)
(Jim H, Jerry D, Everett D, Joe B, Marcelo, V, Tony M, Patrick S, Tom A, Jim R and Chuck S)

I would prefer NOT to be mixed in with E30 or Spec Miata. Anytime we are mixed with another class that is close in speed, we seem to have way more incidents.

I personally don't like the inverted starts, but I will go along with whatever the majority wants.

Not sure about the standing start. Much harder on the car. Again, Prefer we don't, but will agree to whatever. (Debby would prefer us to have a rolling start so I don't blow the clutch and leave her without a car to drive!)

Can 7's Only bring a swimming pool for the center of the compound?
Chuck Sharp
San Diego, CA
1986 Spec 944 #58
Red / Twin White Stripes
Last Edit: 7 years, 9 months ago by ChuckS.

Re: Willow Springs (WSIR) July 16 & 17 7 years, 9 months ago #20946

• Atteberry
  • Seasoned Racer
I will request the swimming pool installation by 7's Only. Do I need them to bring a beach umbrella and lounge chairs as well or can we provides those on our own. I told them to make room for 6-8 so with Everett and my car being with them there should be room for eight.

I thought a friendly race with the E30's would be fun. I ran with them in GTS1 at nationals last year without any problems. However I looked at times from the March race at Willow and they ate 1-2 seconds faster then us so maybe that is not a good idea.

However we grid up is fine with me.I would prefer a rolling start.
Moderators: tcomeau
Banner
Time to create page: 0.09 seconds