Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Willow Springs (WSIR) July 16 & 17
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
NASA California South Region Website

nasasocal.com/

TOPIC: Willow Springs (WSIR) July 16 & 17

Re: Willow Springs (WSIR) July 16 & 17 7 years, 10 months ago #20931

I missed the last Willow race but I think we usually park in the upper lot. More room and a view of the track.
Jim Richmond
Capt Squid

Re: Willow Springs (WSIR) July 16 & 17 7 years, 10 months ago #20934

• ChuckS
  • Seasoned Racer
Jim,
In the last time there, we had a "compound" in the premier spot close to the classroom, snack bar, bathrooms and entrance/exit to/from the track. Lots of room and great location. 7's Only was there early and roped off the whole area for us. Not sure if they will be there early enough this time.
Chuck Sharp
San Diego, CA
1986 Spec 944 #58
Red / Twin White Stripes

Re: Willow Springs (WSIR) July 16 & 17 7 years, 10 months ago #20935

Yes, the last time we set up in a compound, with trucks and support vehicles defining the perimeter. While you are correct, Jim, that we do not have a good view of the track, it is very convenient to everything. Sevens Only has offered to set it up again for us like that. I thought it worked really well, and made it very easy to assist each other, etc.

Re: Willow Springs (WSIR) July 16 & 17 7 years, 10 months ago #20938

Hey gang, the schedule just came out, and it's a little different on Sunday. There is no practice session and no qualifying session. Instead, the race is at 12:05, with grids determined by the Saturday race finish. Then there is a fun/no points race of both race groups at 2:35.

Shawn was wondering whether 944 Spec would be interested in changing up how we do that first Sunday race (he thinks many of the E 30 guys won't stick around in the heat for that afternoon race on Sunday). He mentioned as one possibility, where the grid is posted with the fastest lap times at the back of the grid. He said we could do that just for the 944 or we could include the Spec E 30 in it too. What are your preferences, gang?

Everett

Re: Willow Springs (WSIR) July 16 & 17 7 years, 10 months ago #20939

• Atteberry
  • Seasoned Racer
First, Betty from 7's Only should get there about mi-day and will rope of an area for us, I told her room for 6-8 cars.

Fro the Sunday race is the suggestion combining E30 and 944 with an inverted grid or is it just an inverted grid for us?

A suggestion what if for the 2:35 fun race we combined E30 and 944 in one class and got our own green flag. We can either grid it inverted by times from Sunday morning race or not invert.

Re: Willow Springs (WSIR) July 16 & 17 7 years, 10 months ago #20940

• reflexr
  • Senior Racer
And have a standing start?
Joey Genitempo
NASA SoCal
No. 42
88 944 Spec- Blue Camouflage- retired
84 944 Spec- Green- 42
84 944 Spec- Yellow- 24
87 944 Spec-
Moderators: tcomeau