Nationals
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
NASA California North Region Website

nasanorcal.com/

TOPIC: Nationals

Re:Nationals 13 years, 8 months ago #7985

• rd7839
  • Endurance Racer
Miller video's have replaced my normal nighttime viewing(except for Glee, of course!). We're expecting a champion from Nor Cal so somebody's got to step up. If a person who is not even old enough to drive legally on the street wins, I'll congratulate him, and then go jump off a bridge! And if the only 924S in the race wins, clearly we will have to shun him because he's not in a real 944, plus he's obviously cheating! And if somebody who's named after an animal, large or small, that can lick itself wins, well it's just not fair!

Re:Nationals 13 years, 8 months ago #7986

• rlofgren
  • Seasoned Racer
I'm also thinking about what spares to bring. i have a spare radiator, alternator, starter, head, those are the big ones. also of course 2 or three sets of wheels/tires. Right now I have 5 brand new shaved ra-1s. odd number but there it is. I also have $250 in toyo bucks, thinking about ordering one more tire. how are you guys set for toyo bucks, got extra, need more?
944-SPEC #30 Norcal 2010 Champion
944-SPEC #23 non sunroof
1990 944 S2 street
2003 Mini Cooper S
Lofgren Construction
leafbranch.com/

Re:Nationals 13 years, 8 months ago #7987

I've got 3 RA-1s on order with Toyos Only for delivery at Nationals but I don't really need them right now. I used a new set at Thunderhill for comparison and I'm not sure they were any faster than my ~ 25 heat cycle set.

Sounds like if we put our heads together we could come up with two full sets of RA-1s. I had $425 Toyo bucks and the tires were $157 so I was out of pocket a bit to get 3.

I always carry lots of spares. I've got a transmission, trailing arms, control arms, rotors, calipers, brake lines, shocks & springs, axles, radiator, computers, electronics, and lots of fasteners. And of course, beer

Who needs alternators and starters, those just add weight

Re:Nationals 13 years, 8 months ago #7991

• rd7839
  • Endurance Racer
I don't really have any spares but I am going to try and picl up a spare alternator and fuel pump, mine was making noise but has since stopped which can't be good!

I had $300 Toyo bucks but ordered two tires to be delivered at Miller so if anybody needs them we can make a deal.

By the way, since I don't have a Trader Joe's near me, if anybody happens by one pick up some Fat Weasel beer. I'll gladly pay you tuesday for a Fat Weasel today!

Re:Nationals 13 years, 8 months ago #7992

Ron,

I'll put the fat weasel order in with the missus. She'll probably be by there before Nationals.

Re:Nationals 13 years, 8 months ago #8007

Fat Weasel has landed. You didn't specify type so you got both pale and regular 6pks. You earn one for every car you knock out of my way
Moderators: tcomeau
Banner
Time to create page: 0.10 seconds