Social Media

Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Who's going to Infineon for the last race weekend?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
NASA California North Region Website

nasanorcal.com/

TOPIC: Who's going to Infineon for the last race weekend?

Re:Who's going to Infineon for the last race weekend? 15 years, 6 months ago #2571

• Gary_44
  • Seasoned Racer
It was wierd not seeing any 944 races this weekend.

It was pretty scary coaching my son in the rain, I'd much rather drive! Not that he needed much coaching, after one lap he had the line down and was consistant every lap (I guess its all the practicing he does on Playstation) By the end of the day was doing 2:25 to 2:30 laps on our cheap worn out tires and suspension, on a wet track. I think when we finsh getting the car prepped he'll give you guys a run for your money;)

Jeremy, I went by your car a few times on Saturday, but kept missing you. It was too wet to lay on the ground to do your rear eccentrics anyway. I did meet Jove and your other friends though. I'll catch you next time.
\"There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.\"
--- Ernest Hemmingway

Re:Who's going to Infineon for the last race weeke 15 years, 6 months ago #2575

• pixrken
  • NorCal 944-Spec Director
Hi Gary, Jove, Jeremy;

Sorry there wasn't a 944-SPEC racer to greet you guys.
Greg, Sid and Steve were suppose to battle it out. Actually Greg just have to show up and finish regardless of position to claim 2nd for the season. Sid had the inside track for 3rd. Steve need to finish in front of Sid for both days to claim 3rd, A split for Sat/Sun between Sid/Steve and Sid would win 3rd.
With Steve not able to make the race and Jerry sidelined, Sid was able to secure 3rd.
Sid contact Greg to tell him he wasn't going and Greg didn't want to go if no else was racing.
The wild card in all of this was Jerry. Had he went and race by himself he would have took 1st for both days and use it to erase his lower points earlier in the season and claim 3rd.
--Ken

Re:Who's going to Infineon for the last race weekend? 15 years, 6 months ago #2576

I had everything all figured out in regards to the points standings for the overall season. Since Greg only raced a total of 11 races and accumulated 1045 points and I raced 12 races and have 1020 points, I needed Greg not to complete the 12th race and I had to finish with a 1st place finish in order to edge him out for 2nd overall for the season. I knew if Greg raced, he will secure the 2nd spot so the battle was between Steve and me.

Steve raced a total of 10 races with 845 points. If he had raced by himself and took 1st place both days, he would have tied with Greg for 2nd. If Greg went and took 1st place both days and Steve finished 2nd, then he would have accumulated 1025 points and edged me out of 3rd overall.

I just needed to race 1 race to erase my 70 point race and that would have secured my 3rd place overall even if Steve finished ahead of me both days.

As for Jerry, if he had gone there to race by himself and finished 1st both days, that would have erased two 75 point races and added two 100 point races which is basically adding 50 more points to his 940 which would have netted him 990 points for the season and that would not have affected my 3rd place overall.

It is kind of tricky figuring out these variables as I could have lied to Greg and showed up at the track and took 1st place as well as Steve could have done the same to me but I think we all respect each other enough and realize who really deserved their spots on the podium this season. This was a great race season and I know next year is going to be MUCH MUCH more competitive for all of us.

Thank you Ken for doing such a great job promoting 944 Spec Racing for NorCal. We are so lucky to have you at the helm.
Window Tinting
Paint Protection
Vinyl Graphics

Re:Who's going to Infineon for the last race weeke 15 years, 6 months ago #2577

• pixrken
Hi SId,

I got a clarification from Jerry Kunzman regarding the race where the material in your catalytic converter came loose and clogged up your exhaust. He scored it as a 35 instead of a 70 for you because to get full points you need to complete more than half of the race per CCR 22.1.1. That's the reason why your 70 point was actually 35 points and you were at 985, not 1020. Joe didn't realize you didn't finish and scored a 70 for you and I'm sorry I miss that part of 22.1.1.
Jerry W. took a 4th (80 points) at Saturday's Porsche at the Point and already erased a 75 point score and was at 945. 50 points additional would put him at 995.

Regardless, I think everyone is respectful.

Congratulations on your 3rd place season championship win.

You're right about next year being MUCH MUCH more competitive.
It's going be fun and a tight battle next year.
--Ken
Last Edit: 15 years, 6 months ago by pixrken.

Re:Who's going to Infineon for the last race weeke 15 years, 6 months ago #2581

• pixrken
Thanks Jeremy for the pictures from the weekend.

Your car looks real nice and the big stripes makes it easy to find you on the track.
Very cool red/black color scheme Jove has on his car.

We have to come up with something for Gary to differentiate his guards red from the other red 944's

Hey, I know that black #111, that's Bob Blackwood's car.

--Ken

Re:WHAT! 15 years, 6 months ago #2583

• Big Dog
  • Banned
WHAT are you talking about. I can't believe that you didn't lie, cheat and steal to move up in the season points championship. What kind of racers are you all!

I just can't believe that at least one of you didn't take the opportunity to screw someone out of a position or two. Just think of all the Toyo bucks at stake, for goodness sake.

I want to race more with you "nice guys".

Congrats to all of you for a great season. I agree that next season will get ugly for you all. I can't wait to see the cutthroat conmetion, protests, in-fighting and all sorts of other nefarious action in the NorCal region next season.

There should be a movie in there somewhere.

Big Dog
Jim Foxx
Moderators: tcomeau
Banner
Time to create page: 0.11 seconds