Social Media

Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Thunderhill West opens in time for May Race!
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
NASA California North Region Website

nasanorcal.com/
  • Page:

TOPIC: Thunderhill West opens in time for May Race!

Re: Thunderhill West opens in time for May Race! 10 years, 4 months ago #17069

• BritRacer
  • Seasoned Racer
I think longer races would be nice. The 40mins race at Porsche at the point was cool. But I will take more track time however it comes.
Jason Jane
Norcal

Re: Thunderhill West opens in time for May Race! 10 years, 4 months ago #17070

• rd7839
  • Endurance Racer
I just watched the Youtube video of the helicopter flyover of the whole track and man does it look cool! It looks like it will be similar to the first half of Sears Point but with runoff room. I really like the dogleg at the end of the main straight! That should make passing very interesting.

So far the only complaint I would have, other than it's not open yet. is how it merges back into the old track. It looks like it dumps back in just before 10 which will negate the fun you have flying into that turn, getting up on the curb and shooting out towards 11 with the front wheels in opposite lock( I learned that from Jim!). I'm sure overall it will be great, can't wait!

Re: Thunderhill West opens in time for May Race! 10 years, 4 months ago #17071

• Big Dog
  • Banned
Jerry, our track time is based on the cost of the track rental and how many cars are needed to make a profit. If NASA takes the whole track and splits it up, their cost is going to be more so who knows how the economics look for them. While I would love to have more track time, somehow I don't see that working out that way.

Ron, the Red 16 NEVER slides anywhere, on any curbs, with any opposite lock, thank you very much. The Red 16 believes in staying well within both it's tire's limits and the track surface limits as dictated by the FIA.

Our Nor Cal races are mostly all 30 minute races while So Cal's are 35. 40 minute races are wonderful. It seems to me that our schedule, with PRC sucks. This past season, the Spec E 30 guys did a short practice or did away with it on Sunday and did a quali race and a longer Sunday main race. So Cal frequently does Sunday quali races to set the grid for the main race. We just don't have any options with PRC. At Thunderhill they always insist on going over the top instead of using the Bypass from time to time. Too bad on all those fronts.

I love long tracks like the full course at Miller. This new, combined track will be amazing. I am looking forward to driving it.

Big Dog
Jim Foxx

Re: Thunderhill West opens in time for May Race! 9 years, 10 months ago #17825

• BritRacer
  • Seasoned Racer
So they were running too late for May, but Masuo said he hoped to run it in August.

Here is a video of the new section from 7. Talking to guys at work, there is an event this weekend which will be using the new layout.

Jason Jane
Norcal
  • Page:
Moderators: tcomeau
Banner
Time to create page: 0.08 seconds