NASA California North Region Website

nasanorcal.com/
  • Page:

TOPIC: WTB - Engine for 1986 944 n/a

Re:WTB - Engine for 1986 944 n/a 15 years, 11 months ago #1623

• Gary_44
  • Seasoned Racer
Thought I'd share...
If your still looking for an engine, not sure if your interested in wrecking yard stuff, but I was at pick-n-Pull in Stockton today. They have a wrecked brown '86 with complete drivetrain, open-diff trans. I didn't check the price of the engines, but they're pretty cheap and guaranteed. I'm tempted to grab the trans as a backup since their price is only $87.00.
Someone already snagged the front suspension, rear is still there with 951 koni's.
It also has 3 phone dials on it, someone would have to drill out the locking lugs to get them, I think they're $22/ea with the tires.
It's in with the Mazda's, they always mistake them for RX7's there.
\"There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.\"
--- Ernest Hemmingway

Re:WTB - Engine for 1986 944 n/a 15 years, 11 months ago #1625

• JerryW
  • Endurance Racer
  • If you feel in control you arent going fast enough
I forgot to ask if this was a RUNNING engine <grin>. I'm looking for a running engine I can put in Tims's car while he saves to rebuild his.
Jerry Whitteridge
Norcal #552

Re:WTB - Engine for 1986 944 n/a 15 years, 11 months ago #1628

I have decided to buy the motor for his asking price of $350 since it comes with quite a few parts that I was planning on purchasing seperately. I am thinking I will slowly work on it and get it ready to switch with my motor from my race car and then sell that motor for maybe around $200 in the Fall or Winter. I can't stand the oil leaks from my current engine.
Window Tinting
Paint Protection
Vinyl Graphics

Re:WTB - Engine for 1986 944 n/a 15 years, 11 months ago #1635

• Jump07
  • Senior Racer
The motor that Shawn is selling is an early motor. I am looking for one for my '86.
Sid - Shawn is going to deliver the axles with your other stuff. I'll get them from you sometime....
Jeremy Mathews
NorCal
1985 944 #07
2003 GMC 1500 Sierra Z71
  • Page:
Moderators: tcomeau
Banner
Time to create page: 0.08 seconds