Thunderhill
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
NASA California North Region Website

nasanorcal.com/

TOPIC: Thunderhill

Re: Thunderhill 12 years ago #13052

• rd7839
  • Endurance Racer
Saturday sounds good for me. It was also my birthday on 3/27 so lets have a big party!

Re: Thunderhill 12 years ago #13053

Re: Thunderhill 12 years ago #13056

• Big Dog
  • Banned
What a cool cake. It is sensational.
Jim Foxx

Re: Thunderhill 12 years ago #13058

• Big Dog
  • Banned
Burgers and Brats for Friday! I have both for the Mothership.
Jim Foxx

Re: Thunderhill 12 years ago #13093

• rd7839
  • Endurance Racer
Another great Norcal race weekend! On track action was fun and exciting and it was great seeing Jerry, Jim, Steve and family again, plus having Ken from IO Port racing subbing for Ken Huey. Saturday's race was a battle against attrition with Jim spinning in the first turn, Steve jumping out to a sizable lead and flirting with Rick's lap record, followed by me and Jerry. Ken was sick and only was able to do 2 laps. I started having trouble turning left, needing all my strength to just turn the wheel. I noticed however that even so, I was catching Steve and with 1 1/2 laps left his CV joint gave in and he pulled off. I limped to a win with a completely flat right front tire followed by Jerry.

Sunday Steve and Jim duked it out for the first few laps with me right there but Steve pulled it together and gapped us a bit. Jim and I battled nose to tail until Jim went around in the fast section between turns 7 and 8 and I didn't look back. Ken and Jerry were with us for awhile until a 911 gt3 cup car that we were passing decided to interfere with their pursuit. Steve took a commanding win, I grabbed second with Ken, Jerry and Jim lurking close by.

I want to thank the guys for all the help on my car setup this weekend, especially Steve who got there early and reserved the alignment pad, brought all his equipment, and took time that he would rather have spent with his family at the hotel pool to work on getting my car right, in the rain no less! That is why I race 944's in Norcal and hope to continue for as long as I'm welcomed. It's also an honor having Jim Foxx as a Norcal transplant. I'm learning a lot about racecraft and preparation from him, plus I like kicking his butt ontrack!

Our birthday dinner celebration was also great and is quickly becoming a tradition. Steve's wife Ruth, Jerry, and me all have birthday's this time of year and we celebrate over margarita's in town. My sister and neice drove up to hang out with us as well and liked everyone, even Jerry!

Only wish my wife Kim could have been there, she's still sick!

Hope to be looking down on everyone from the top podium step in May!
Last Edit: 12 years ago by rd7839.

Re: Thunderhill 12 years ago #13095

• JerryW
  • Endurance Racer
  • If you feel in control you arent going fast enough
Nice write up Ron - we miss having David out with the camera !
Jerry Whitteridge
Norcal #552
Moderators: tcomeau
Banner
Time to create page: 0.11 seconds